My inspiration

A few years ago, I started taking photos and got the idea to take pictures as if viewed through the eyes of a faerie. My first shots were with a point-and-shoot digital camera, and were far enough down on the ground that I had to just aim the camera up from the ground to shoot. What I came up with was astounding. My photo of the bluets in the front yard (shown as my "About Me" photo) looked far larger than they actually were. From that moment on, I was hooked. I got a much nicer camera and continued shooting... and astounding myself. It was no difficulty, then, to translate this concept into my inspiration for my first year with the Art-A-Day project. I can't wait to see what comes of it in a year!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 13 - Photography

I had plans to do a lot more on Day 13, but I woke up with a pulled muscle on my shoulder.  So I just went right out to the front yard with my camera to see what I could capture.  It's always amazing to me how much I can find right out there even when I think I know every inch of the yard by heart. 

This wee little butterfly was so tiny that I almost didn't see it.  It was less than half an inch in length and it finally settled down for a moment so I could get a shot... 


Soon after, it fluttered away, showing me it's beautifully colored wings... 


No comments:

Post a Comment