My inspiration

A few years ago, I started taking photos and got the idea to take pictures as if viewed through the eyes of a faerie. My first shots were with a point-and-shoot digital camera, and were far enough down on the ground that I had to just aim the camera up from the ground to shoot. What I came up with was astounding. My photo of the bluets in the front yard (shown as my "About Me" photo) looked far larger than they actually were. From that moment on, I was hooked. I got a much nicer camera and continued shooting... and astounding myself. It was no difficulty, then, to translate this concept into my inspiration for my first year with the Art-A-Day project. I can't wait to see what comes of it in a year!

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day 11 - Photography

I went with family and friends to visit the old town of Occoquan, VA on Day 11, and I took my camera with me.  I found a wee little yellow rose at the restaurant where we had lunch...
 
 It was only 2 inches around!


Along the shops, I found another wee flower still in its bud form...
This one was about 2 inches around, too!
Later, I found some spectacular snap dragons...
And finally, on our way back to the car, we stopped at some lovely Echinacea flowers that the bumble bees just loved... 




No comments:

Post a Comment