My inspiration

A few years ago, I started taking photos and got the idea to take pictures as if viewed through the eyes of a faerie. My first shots were with a point-and-shoot digital camera, and were far enough down on the ground that I had to just aim the camera up from the ground to shoot. What I came up with was astounding. My photo of the bluets in the front yard (shown as my "About Me" photo) looked far larger than they actually were. From that moment on, I was hooked. I got a much nicer camera and continued shooting... and astounding myself. It was no difficulty, then, to translate this concept into my inspiration for my first year with the Art-A-Day project. I can't wait to see what comes of it in a year!

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Day 10 - Illuminated Calligraphy

I finally finished it!  Yesterday's project consisted of adding flowers as the final step.  My original plan was to paint them on,  but I am not that kind of artist, so as I practiced (and my flowers continued to look like a child's attempt), I realized that idea wasn't going to work.  So while I was out running errands, I picked up that adorable grass as well as some lovely flowers.  I couldn't find the color I wanted, so I bought white flowers and spent most of Day 10 painstakingly adding coat after coat of purple paint to the tiny little things. This is what they looked like as I began the first coat of paint. 

I love how they turned out!


This is the final piece... Not what I had originally envisioned, but marvelous nonetheless.  That's what happens when you work with faerie.  They have a way of getting you to let go and follow your spirit.  
 

Love!



2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful piece! I have enjoyed watching the progression and am excited to see what else you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm excited to see what else I come up with, too! :D

    ReplyDelete